Disciples of Caliban

Disciples of Caliban

Monday, August 12, 2013

Recently I was having troubles deciding how to paint my Deathwing Terminators for my Dark Angels army.  The standard Deathwing scheme, which is a bleached bone look, is difficult to achieve and takes many layers of multiple colors for just the armor.  It was a pain and I was never happy with the results.  I decided to look into some different scheme of Dark Angels and their successor chapters to find one that I liked.  I knew I wanted black in the armor, to go along with my Ravenwing units.  That helped lead me to the Disciples of Caliban.  With a mix of black, green and bone, I found that they mixed all three colors of the standard Dark Angels army into one color scheme that really popped.

I decided on this scheme on Friday and have since gotten three terminators nearly completed along with three tactical marines.  This is incredibly fast for me to paint, with each model taking about 2.5 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment